Google Takeover?




I use Google for everything, at least 10 times a day. I recently just watched Game of Thrones for the first time and I googled information about the different characters and houses almost every episode. I use Google docs and Google slides for almost all of my school assignments. I guess its fair to say Google is very present in my life. I don't know if I would say Google is going to endanger our privacy, I feel like there's still some boundaries but in the world of Google, you can find almost anything. I think it is a little freaky how you can google your name and find countless of information about yourself. The switch from, "Don't be evil," to, "Do the right thing," is a little crazy. It's almost as if Google didn't want that reputation of saying don't be evil while they kind of are. Google is everywhere. It's not going anywhere. I found this article about 15 reasons why Google is taking over and I found it pretty interesting. Number 4 says, "About 620 million people visit Google.com every day." That is a lot of people and a lot of Googling. There are endless things to Google and endless results linking to other websites. You can always find what you're looking for. Thinking of it that way, Google is very helpful but there still comes concern with how helpful they really are. Our searches are always saved and I'm sure somewhere out in the world, there is someone who keeps track of everyone's searches. I would say we are addicted to Google, not in the sense that we can't help ourselves but to go on Google every second, but in the sense that we do use it for everything, we would kind of be lost without it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sherry Turkle's TED Talk

Game of Thrones Craze

Facebook Decline vs. Instagram Rise